It`s the end of July and this means that it`s time for a July wrap up where I review all the books I have read in July. This is actually my first wrap up and I`m very exited! So in July I read… Drum roll please… 5 BOOKS!!! I must say that this isn`t a lot compared to other avid readers but it`s a accomplishment and during the end of July I had a mini reading slump where I just didn`t know what read, this included picking up books and reading the first few page pages before putting it down. 😦 Here are the books:
- I`ll give you the sun by Jandy Nelson– I didn`t enjoy this books as many people did and I found the twins relationship was kind of weird. I think that there needs to be more character development and the characters need to be more universal so that everyone can relate to one of them if not more.
- Aristotle and Dante discover the secrets of the universe– If your wondering yes I actually did enjoy this book. It`s more of a reflective book than a action-packed parcel. The characters are very reflective and naive and this makes the book more delicate, I think. The book also covers controversial themes that need to be discuss in YA and this makes the book more special. The fact that the book goes through the characters growing for year, the readers can learn more about the characters- their flaws and weaknesses.
- The scorch trials by James Dashner– I already wrote a review on this so you can reader it here. Overall I had mixed views on it but the plot was quite interesting.
- The death cure by James Dashner– The straight after reading the second book in The Maze Runner series I decided to finish the series and read the Death Cure. WOW. What can I say? This book would have to be the best book out of the trilogy and the ending is just amazing. I really can`t say anything because I would spoil the whole book. Just read it! 🙂 I kind of want to write a review on this book but I`m not sure.
- Finally I read An ember in the ashes by Sabaa Tahir. Lets just say that I the hype made me want to read this book, so I did, although it was due to the hype that made me expect more from the book and so it didn`t go up to my expectation. Maybe it was because I read the book to fast or I wasn`t the mood of reading during the time. I just need to re-read the book again so that I can collect my thoughts together and have one final opinion on it.
Another accomplishment of July is it`s the first month where I have been very active and blogging every week. I have found a routine which helped me and lets hope, fingers crossed, that I will continue being consistent. I have also enjoyed blogging, liking posts and commenting on posts, furthermore I`ve learned that WordPress is possibly the best platform and I absolutely love blogging. ❤ Thank you so much for reading my first wrap up. It was really fun to go through all the book I`ve read this July and hopefully you`ve had a successful reading month as well.