Hello fellow bookworms and avid readers it`s the end of August and the start of September so school is back and this essentially means I will be reading less, due to the masses of work that needs to be done. 😦 However I did enjoy August because it was the month that I felt I had achieved more blogging-wise and I read a few books that I love.
Anyway lets get into the books. I read 6 books in August:
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. This was a re-read for me as I`ve already read this book but I wanted to read it again because I forgot the plot and I felt it was the right time to. I actually did enjoy the book and wrote a review.
- I then went immediately on to the second book of this massive six books installment- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas. Unfortunately I didn`t enjoy this book as I enjoyed the first book and I felt that nothing happened until at the end where everything was just thrown in. Here is my review.
- Finally I went onto reading Heir of Fire also by Sarah J. Maas. Originally I wanted to read this book very slowly so that I could read the book for what it`s worth and so I would finish the book in time for Queen of Shadows. So that was the plan but as I got into the book the pages where turning faster and time was going slower, in other words, the plan failed. I was so engrossed in the book that I forgot to pace myself and now I would have to wait.
- To the endless wait and guilt of finishing Heir of Fire very quick I decided to read a well known book that I`ve heard lots of good things about. I read Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. Trying not to make anyone angry or sad, I didn`t like this book as much as many people did. I found that it was bit of a cliché at times and some of the plot was quite obvious. However the plot twist wasn`t obvious and I was surprised.
- The Queen of the Tearling by Erica Johnasan. This has become my favoruite book and it`s just… I don`t know… words can`t describe how much I love this book. Just go and pick it up! Here is my review.
- The Sin Eater`s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury. This was another re-read because I remember loving this book and I just wanted to relive the story.
Now we go to the books I brought this month:
To start my summer holiday I brought the the Throne of Glass books that were published.
I then brought a few books when I went book shopping with my friends.
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
- The Queen of the Tearling by Erica Johnasan
- The Sin Eater`s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury
- Clariel by Garth Nix
Blogging this month was also fun because I had a lot of ideas for future blog posts that will be coming very soon. I also participated in a lot of book memes for the first time and I enjoyed reading what other people thought as well. I was nominated for a few awards such as the Liebster award and the Blogger Recognition and Beautiful Blogger Award, which I shall make a post on it very soon.
I would like to thank everyone for bring so wonderful and inspiring to keep me blogging and if it wasn`t for you I wouldn`t have explored the blogging community. I also made a goodreads so add me as a friend on there. Lets hope that September will bring good memories and books!
Thank you for reading. With lots of love, Franciska.