Hello fellow bookworms and avid readers it`s the end of August and the start of September so school is back and this essentially means I will be reading less, due to the masses of work that needs to be done. 😦 However I did enjoy August because it was the month that I felt I had achieved more blogging-wise and I read a few books that I love.
Anyway lets get into the books. I read 6 books in August:
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. This was a re-read for me as I`ve already read this book but I wanted to read it again because I forgot the plot and I felt it was the right time to. I actually did enjoy the book and wrote a review.
- I then went immediately on to the second book of this massive six books installment- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas. Unfortunately I didn`t enjoy this book as I enjoyed the first book and I felt that nothing happened until at the end where everything was just thrown in. Here is my review.
- Finally I went onto reading Heir of Fire also by Sarah J. Maas. Originally I wanted to read this book very slowly so that I could read the book for what it`s worth and so I would finish the book in time for Queen of Shadows. So that was the plan but as I got into the book the pages where turning faster and time was going slower, in other words, the plan failed. I was so engrossed in the book that I forgot to pace myself and now I would have to wait.
- To the endless wait and guilt of finishing Heir of Fire very quick I decided to read a well known book that I`ve heard lots of good things about. I read Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. Trying not to make anyone angry or sad, I didn`t like this book as much as many people did. I found that it was bit of a cliché at times and some of the plot was quite obvious. However the plot twist wasn`t obvious and I was surprised.
- The Queen of the Tearling by Erica Johnasan. This has become my favoruite book and it`s just… I don`t know… words can`t describe how much I love this book. Just go and pick it up! Here is my review.
- The Sin Eater`s Daughter by Melinda Salisbury. This was another re-read because I remember loving this book and I just wanted to relive the story.